Thursday, October 11, 2007

Fortuitous Wave


Waves crashed and formed in the distant,
Undulating in the vastness of the ocean.
As the sun sank into the horizon,
The horrendous pressure was felt all around.

What fortunes did it bring for me?
Or is it misfortunes that I tried to avoid dearly?
Seemingly troublesome at a glance…
I could prolong the decisions only so long.

Two options arose before my eyes,
As the wave took shape right ahead of me…
Huge it was…as tall as an Eiffel tower,
Fearful, I cowered beneath its shadows.

Ride the wave as it came along…
Or, let it pass over me as if it’s nothing?
Overwhelmed with thoughts of change,
Decision faltered every passing moment.

Mixed feelings started to aggravate me,
Giving forms to the anxiety felt within.
Apprehensive of other’s notice,
I hid in corners…avoiding any distractions.

Decision was my own and not any others,
Discussions…however, were inevitable.
Cramped for space, I sought out open places,
Refreshing air gearing up my now refreshed mind.

Prepared to ride the wave with minimal doubts,
Unbalanced as I was, but I hung on strong.
May it be fortunes, or misfortunes?
Ready I was to take the plunge in deep waters.

4 comments:

Nepali Akash said...

Ready I was to take the plunge in deep waters....



ok then what happened? wink wink

AeutiKT said...

i noticed you wink a lot nepali akash :P

salik hmm e-meet huh? how does that work? :S

Salik Shah said...

how does it work? well, you tell us how would you like it to work? i just started the conversation... don't be hard on me dear.... what do you say?

NKM said...

When You think, it will work.
KEEP IT UP salik!

By the way, nice composition!
I liked your writing style.
ajabgjab.blogspot.com