Sunday, October 7, 2007

Into Scary Movies?


So here I was awake at the dead of the night… I had no idea how to keep myself busy. I tried to sleep but I was restless I suppose…even laying in the bed make me extremely uncomfortable. My computer was on… I sometimes keep the music going while I sleep hoping it will take away my incessant thoughts from not entering and ruining my dreams. Dreams being ruined were not the problem of the day tonight however… I browse through the couple of sites already bookmarked and I come across this movie 1408. What is it about scary movies that make people want to watch it at nights? Why do people want to get scared sometimes? Is it to prove to oneself that they are not scared or they will not get easily scared as those people in the movies? I am asking myself that question as I start downloading it…

Although I am a fan of scary movies, I don’t like watching it by myself at thunderous nights and so on :P I mean, it is just going to entice my mind more. And what if you have to go downstairs in the dark or something? :P Nah…I won’t let my mind start getting too imaginative here…especially with all those stories I have heard about ghosts and witches and what nots!! It’s like completely engrained in my head…can’t be forgotten no matter the cost. Believe me, I have tried to forget them too…it still lingers on.

I do however like those home theaters all set up to watch scary movies at night with friends :P It’s sort of a thrill I suppose…the adrenaline gets going and you’re at the edge of your seat and so on...if it’s made good that is. Most of the time, scary movies are not made so great…so the whole thing is like a waste of time. Oh yeah …can’t forget the part where you can join in to scare your friends too :P You’ve got to enjoy that!! Much more mature version of childhood hide and seek, I say !! :P Maybe it’s because the Halloween is so near, that I am interested in watching scary movies…who knows?? (Or maybe it’s completely unrelated to anything, maybe I just happen to see that in the list and just pick it at random because that’s the one that I have most recently heard the review of :-) ). Doesn’t really matter does it?

I remember Halloween…it’s fun for kids I guess…well adults too :P (fun loving adults!! :P)
Go around scaring one another :P (come on!! Who can resist scaring people right? ) You can even go and try those haunted forest and castle/home walks!! One thing that spoils this is that you go in groups…and the people in front of you will react before you and then you won’t be scared anymore because you would have already seen it coming. But even then, it’s always fun watching people getting scared. :-) And if you’re distracted enough…who knows you may even find out whether you really get scared or not and how you’d react to things!! :P Still long ways to go before that day tho!! Enjoy preparing for it…!! Plan on scaring and being scared !! :P

If you’re really itching to be scared sooner than that, then get a really good scary movie…get all the sound system ready. Then choose the thunderous night when you’re home alone…and Enjoy!!

No comments: