So I sat around for like hours and hours trying to think of something to put here. My thoughts are very jumbled up these days. So many things are happening and it feels like it’s happening all at once too…so I am kind of at a loss for words, thoughts, etc.
I was thinking one of those days where thoughts tend to pour out of nowhere…who is the most influential person I met in life? Now, it’s not like you only meet one person in your life that has affected your life in a positive way…there are literally a ton. At times I seem to forget them too…which is a shame but there are certain people that you can never forget you know. One of the people was one of my teachers in elementary school. Yeah I was very young then….I had just come from Nepal in fact. I was in DC….boy!!!…DC schools… LOL… I don’t know what to say about them. We had come when the school year was about to end but they had told us we can sit in the class just to get the feel for it. Oh wow!! The class they put me in … OMG… it was sooo rowdy. I was shocked to see people throwing papers and talking loud (to which it seemed to me like they were screaming out as if they were about to DIE) like crazy. Then when the teacher enters….no one stops!! Amazed I looked at them…and ask myself… Is this a real school?? It was the most horrible class I had been… I would never want to be in that class ever!!
So when the real school year began, I was hoping against hope to not be in the same class I was at before. Thank goodness, I was in the other class. When I came from Nepal, I was in a different state of mind. I had practically given up in studies…it didn’t matter to me (for reason I am not going to talk about here). So here was this teacher, Mr. McFadden. I was a shy type of person…probably even right now. :P He was an awesome teacher…He probably doesn’t even know how much he had influenced me in studying. I loved studying after being in his class. He always had this great personality, and he seemed to love teaching. Teachers who love to teach, I truly admire them…it’s a tough job!! He became like a source of encouragement to me. I, all of a sudden wanted to study. I remember, spending so much time actually studying!! (What happened to me now?? :-S ) I went home after school and I would go to my room and study study study.. while everyone else would enjoy watching TV. For once in my life, there was someone encouraging me to be better ..it was a great feeling.
Those days, were weird. When we just came here…no one but us siblings used to be home. We would come home and do our things… most of it would be watch tv :P But that’s how it was, I don’t even remember when we shifted to talking in English all the time..
Mr. James McFadden…my first teacher in US (I will always remember his smile…), I feel bad that I never kept in touch with him. I would have liked to thank him though…for everything. I remember those times, when I had … well .. lets not go there :-) He was the first person in many others to follow who I thought encouraged me and had somehow influenced me in my life.
I can write and talk about all of them here, but that would take ages… However, I would like to take this moment and thank everyone who came in my life…whether it was for a short or long amount of time. Everyone will share and pass some knowledge as they meet new people in their life…and some would affect one another in a positive way and some would affect one another in a negative way…but all in all everyone will learn as they move on in life. If we didn’t meet anyone in life, we wouldn’t learn all the things there is to learn would we now? :P So here, I will also thank those who read and comment on these silly pieces I write too. I appreciate all the comments and encouragements!!

2 comments:
Do i play a role in your life too?
:-P
it's something to think about huh? random thinker :P
Post a Comment