I haven't been using blogs for a quite a while now and I see that leaving comments open to everyone it has given access to spammers to invade my comments area. It looks like they had a hell of a party there!! I will have to start restricting comments again but I seem to have forgotten how to have that set up. I'll have to re-jog my memory at some point again.
I did, however, go through some of the comments and to see that 'one' legitimate comment out of what feels like millions...makes me feel like I should maybe continue blogging again...at least there may be some that find my weird writings somewhat entertaining? :-) maybe? :-P
On a serious note, with such a tragic event occurring back home in Nepal it has been really hard waiting to hear from everyone that they are safe and okay. Waiting and not knowing is really really hard and constantly having my eyes glued to the TV and online for any hopeful news make you feel really useless that you can do nothing but just wait. I am very grateful of the internet and the fact that it can be used for just such crisis moments to get the messages across to the loved ones not nearby.
I just wanted to take a moment to share a link we are setting up to collect money to send Nepal with the relief efforts. I am sure lot of us are having a tough time having families, relatives, friends over there and not knowing what happened to them....if they are safe... if they are okay. I hope you all hear some good news....I was surely relieved when I heard back from those who were there. Just to know they are safe is so much comforting. Feeling helpless in their times of need, we decided to set up a fundraiser site to help with the relief efforts back home and I am sharing it here for those who want to help as well. Our plan is to raise to raise at least $5000 and we (me and my family together) are planning to match 25% of the total donation we are able to collect.
We were able to establish contact with a person in Nepal who is directly working with the local disaster management committee to help those in immediate need. We will be sending all donations we are able to collect to them directly and they will be coordinating things accordingly based on the shortages and needs such as water, food, medical supplies, etc.
Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and support.
Fundraising Websites - Crowdrise
Here are some picture taken by Shyam Shrestha and those participating in distribution of supplies in one of the area (Kirtipur -Gamcha), where help hasn't yet arrived and people are waiting to get food and water or even shelter amid all the destruction. (Photos provided by Shyam Shrestha with permission to share on this blog):







No comments:
Post a Comment