
You came to me with open arms,
And all I could offer was emptiness.
You gave me a place to belong,
And all that lingered was loneliness.
You showered me with warmth,
And all that crept up was the cold.
You gazed upon me to witness love,
And all I could give was a blank stare.
You asked me to open up my heart,
And all I could muster was a weak hug.
You guided me through the darkness,
And all that aura was of a deserted soul.
And all that was present was a huge void.
You guaranteed me of a renewed life,
And all I could offer was a tearful smile.

4 comments:
Why so pessimistic? Isn't love to be answered by love?
and that is the question folks :P
What is 'love'?
i remember a poem i wrote two years back -
when you call me in my heart
i will open the door for you
remain quite please
i don't want to let others in.
haha...those poem writing moments..it's all but ended now!
and regarding your question "what is love?", you'll know it once you get hooked up, or if you already have, you already know!
Huh...All I can see is pessimism dripping from each and every word there..Even the darkest of tunnel has a bright light at end..don't ya know that??
Post a Comment