Friday, May 29, 2015
Thank You
A Huge THANK YOU!! to all those who donated for those affected in Nepal.
I appreciate it a lot and I am sure those who get helped by your donation will definitely appreciate it thousand times more. I have sent what have been donated by everyone to Nepal so they can start coordinating the building of the temporary shelter for the incoming monsoon season. I hope they make it in time. Rebuilding what has been lost will surely take a long long time and lot of effort, but the survivors (having survived such an event) have a strong will to go on and move forward as well.
I heard news of the progress a while back and hadn't been able to update here so here it is:
The Foundation for Progressive Transformation has started with the building of temporary houses for the victims who lost their houses in Gamcha in Kirtipur since 5/23/2015. The money being sent is being used to purchase additional supplies needed for those who cannot afford to buy materials such as bamboos, metal sidings, etc. Since the shelters now need to withstand the coming monsoon season, ordinary tarps or tents are not sufficient enough. With the supplies provided, the people affected and in dire need of shelters are hopeful and taking initiatives in building their houses themselves. Just wanted to share with you all some pictures of their efforts in preparation of the incoming monsoon season:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment