Sunday, August 17, 2008

Interesting Article ...

So I was bored to death with a serious headache.... Thought about watching some movie and came up with a movie called 'Via Darjeeling'. Okay... yeah it's a movie about buncha people telling stories and repeating over and over!! OH GAWD!!!!! My head is about to EXPLODE! So then I starting browsing through igoogle...and this one title caught my eye instantly!! "How Death by Cubicle Works' :D Of course I wasn't gonna read the whole thing :P I just found the first two paragraphs funny....as it is soo true!!

It's an interesting read...so I thought I share it with everyone/someone/noone/anyone!! :D

When the aliens come down from outer space to colonize Earth and imprison all humans, they might be surprised and confused by how humans live their lives. Day after day, we wake up at ungodly hours and put ourselves through long and dangerous commutes, all to sit in a death trap for upwards of eight or nine hours. And what is this death trap? Why, it's the innocuous-looking cubicle, home to about 40 million working North Americans [source: Newsham]. And all of them face death each and every day to do their jobs.

man dead in cubicle bunker
Colorblind/Stone/Getty Images
Another one bites the dust.

Maybe you think death is too strong of a word; after all, the typical cubicle dweller doesn't do anything dangerous on a regular basis. It's not as if desk jockeys are out fighting fires, defusing bombs or crab fishing in Alaska. But these workers do face health risks above and beyond staff meetings so boring they'd make anyone want to swallow staples one by one. Your health can be largely dependent on your environmental comfort, which is determined by whether your immediate space meets basic physical, functional and psychological needs [source: Vischer]. As we'll see in this article, the cubicle fails on all three counts.

http://health.howstuffworks.com/death-by-cubicle.htm

No comments: