Monday, September 17, 2007

Love Waiting?


So here I am just like always, I wake up with my heart racing…it’s not really racing in a good sense you know LOL… Probably I have high blood pressure :S or maybe something else is wrong with me. I try to avoid doctors…for some reason. I think it’s best if I don’t know what’s wrong with me. Well that’s what I say now… I know I know… I hear “The Lectures” all the time from colleagues and friends not to mention families. But you know what??… I don’t think I am at all alone in this. It’s been way too long since I have gone to the doctors…and you know how doctors are too. You have to tell them what you want tests done for exactly…otherwise if you just make a physical check-up appointment, they don’t do anything at all but charge you $200 dollar anyway. LOL…

Last time I went there to get some ear-drops… Well actually, I wanted their expert opinion on why the heck my ears were hurting to be exact. Then, of course after the usual waiting period of about 2 and half hours in the waiting area, they finally decide to take me inside the test room to wait another 40 minutes. (at this time counting hairs is not an options :P Not that counting hair was entertaining by any means....LOL). But definitely by this time...you really don’t know whether to hate the doctor or really love them coz you’re so much in pain due to high fever and such or nausea from hospital smell… At the end…you are just soo happy that you can cry that they were able to see you today and not tell you to go home coz they have to leave in 5 minutes.

Then finally the doctor shows up, asks me how I am doing and such. I say bla bla…and I came for this and then they look at my ear with a light on and say hmmm… “Do you swim a lot?” :S Heck no…I don’t swim a lot :S The last time I swam was like at couple of months ago … plus I rarely swim even though I do like it.

And after that she writes me a prescription for some antibiotic ear-drops and that was it. The bill that came at the end of the month was like close to $300. I was shocked… I should be a doctor!! :-D And plus…that didn’t really help me…now I am very much reluctant on going there again with the same problem :S I noticed it hurt just as bad when I flying to other place…ear popping doesn’t help matters much. (Well I guess I’ll think about that for a while or wait till it starts hurting again before I decide to call them and make an appointment which probably will be after 3 months later coz of their such hectic schedules… )

It’s such a pain!! First work out schedule with the doctor …then find out if this could be possible with work schedule then…finally after re-shuffling for about 100 times…get an appointment set for 3 months later that works. Then by that time it doesn’t hurt anymore and the appointment won’t make any sense! :P Miracle of doctors.. :-D You don’t even need to go to doctors…you’re all better!! Well winter is just around the corner…maybe I should plan ahead for my future sickness. ~.^_^.~ And this time I am gonna be extra ready with ipod, novel, and maybe even a laptop handy :P

Enuff of complaining… I think I should rather use this time to learn something new :-) or maybe try n improve my memory skillz.

No comments: